What ability has God given you? Is it encouraging, teaching, serving, leading, organizing, practicing hospitality, or loving others. Do you have physical strength? Mental acuity?
Your gift is needed at the ATCC! Here are 10 ways to use your talent and serve this summer.
1. Cook a meal. Hospitality is a great way to build and strengthen relationships. Plus, there are often those who could really use a meal -- like Tre and Ketera Wright with their new baby!
2. Visit an out-of-town house church. Travel to the Enterprise ministry for Sunday worship. If you go, they would love for a man to lead a lesson, or for someone to do a class for the kids.Join in the Columbus Bible talk on a Tuesday evening. Take a trip to Montgomery for one of their meetings or activities. (Make sure it isn't at a time when your house church is meeting.)
3. Help plan a children's party. We need help with organizing games and such for a party we're putting on for the young people at the Brentwood Children's Home in Montgomery on July 22. Talk to Jessica Delgado to see how you can help.
4. Serve the elderly by playing games with them at the Monarch Retirement Home either Sunday afternoon at 2:00 or Monday night at 6:45.
5. Encourage our campus students who are away by sending them a card or note. Addresses are in previous newsletters.
6. Volunteer for Kid's Kingdom. Teachers are needed! See Kat Watson.
7. Help set upfor church services, or break down afterwards. Talk to Mike Gross.
8. Help with social media. Take pictures or videos to post on our web site, Facebook page, and in our newsletter. Start an ATCC Instagram page. Write an article for the newsletter.
9. Help with yard work. There are mature members of our congregation who could use a strong pair of helping hands!
This Sunday, June 25, a group of North River EDGE Singles will join us for worship service, and then go to lunch with our singles afterwards.
Bachelorette Party for LaJasmine Youngblood
Sun. June 25 -- North River EDGE group joins for Worship at VFW; HOPE at Monarch, 2 PM Mon. June 19 -- HOPE Game Night at Monarch, 6:45 PM Tues. July 4th -- Worship in House Churches Wed. July 5th -- Dinner by Design Sat. July 16 -- Marrieds Progressive Dinner Sat. July 22 -- Serving Day at Brentwood Children's Home in Montgomery
A great resource to deepen your knowledge of the Bible is the web site, www.douglasjacoby.com. Dr. Doug Jacoby is a Bible scholar who has authored many books and teaches the Bible all over the world. He is a member of the North River Church of Christ. We recommend that you go to Doug's web site, enjoy the content, and sign up to receive his newsletter.
Giving on 06/18/2017 was $1871.93
Minimum Operating Budget: $2100