* Update Baywalk - Southgate tower, 900 West Ave, unfortunately remains locked 24/7. The apartment complex is owned by Randy Gumenick, a member of the City of Miami Beach Planning Board.
* Join the Wavna Condo Directors Club. Open to members of condominium boards. The purpose is to share information on how to run our buildings better. First meeting Thursday, Oct 5, 2017, 6:30pm, 1200 West Ave, Mirador.
* Hurricanes Lessons - Is West Ave renovation an opportunity to bury lines? Thoughts on gas stations.
* Resident Connect - Presentation by Commissioner John Aleman and city staff
* Grand Flamingo Renovation - Developer presents design for new restaurant, indoor/outdoor alcohol, valet parking, Uber parking. Front entrance on Bay Road relocated, see diagram below. The property is zoned to allow as-of-right outdoor alcohol served until 5am for up to 300 persons. Article
*Candidates each make a 5 minute presentation:
Dan Gelber for Mayor
Rafael A. Velasquez for commission group II
Mark Samuelian for commission group II
Adrian Gonzalez for commission group III
Micky Stienberg for commission group I
* Meeting Adjourned
CITY AGENDA ITEMS THAT AFFECT OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Planning Board Tuesday, Sept 26, 2017, 10:00am agenda
* 500 Alton refuses to install required landscaping, building permits extended for the 10th time, more
Land Use Committee, Oct 11, 2017, 3pm (agenda not yet available)
* Relax fines for valet operators. Wavna strongly opposes because fines are necessary to control double and triple parked valets, speed demon valets, and unlawful valets.