Recipe of the Week:
Potato, Leek, & Kale Bake
I know spring is here, but I still love my comfort food! Plus, potatoes, leeks, and kale are so good with Gruyere!
1.5 lbs potatoes cut into thin slices about an 1/8 inch thick
1 leek cleaned, the white part chopped into 1/8 inch slices
A bunch of kale - as much as you need to make this feel healthy
4 oz Gruyere cheese
2 oz Parmesan cheese
1/2 pint of cream
1-2 cloves of garlic
Butter - enough to grease your baking dish and cook your leeks and kale
1-2 sprigs of thyme
Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and grease a small baking dish
- Cook your leeks in a medium pot with butter for about 15 minutes
- After your leeks are about done add your kale and cook about 5 more minutes adding the garlic once it is almost finished and cooking until the raw garlic smell goes away
- Add your cream and thyme to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then add your potatoes and half your cheeses and mix to cover the potatoes. Turn off heat.
- Transfer your mixture to your baking dish, cover with the rest of your cheese and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 20 minutes until golden brown.