Recipe of the Week:
Teriyaki Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
(avocado, peanut, or wok oil)
- 5 oz Shiitake mushrooms,
cut into ½ inch chunks (or slices)
- 1 tbsp (3 cloves) garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 large red, yellow, or green bell pepper, diced (2 cups); a mix is nice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 head of lettuce; your choice
- 2 cups cooked rice or grain – optional
- Garnishes: toasted sesame seeds
or chili flakes
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and sauté mushrooms for 7 - 8 minutes, until tender and golden. Remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and set aside.
2. Add bell peppers, garlic and ginger to the same pan and cook about 2 minutes on medium high heat, adding a bit more oil if needed.
3. Add mushrooms back in pan along with salt, scallions and ¼ cup of teriyaki sauce. Stir to combine. Remove from heat. Allow to cool 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
4. Place lettuce cups on a plate or platter and fill with 2-3 tablespoons cooked rice or grain (optional). Spoon Teriyaki Mushrooms over top.