Recipe of the Week:
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 celeriac peeled and cut into cubes
1 potato peeled and cut into cubes
1 leek trimmed, roughly sliced
1 onion peeled and roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
4 cups vegetable stock
salt and pepper to taste
parsley, washed and roughly chopped
- Place a large pot over a medium low heat and add olive oil. Add the celeriac, leek, potato, garlic and onion, and season with salt and pepper. Gently cook the vegetables until the celeriac starts to soften, around 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring the soup up to a boil before reducing to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the celeriac is completely tender. Add the parsley and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth, or blend in batches in a blender.
- Return to the heat and check the seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.