"Employee engagement drives productivity (employee value)."
Conventional HR wisdom
67% of employees are not engaged - therefore it is not working.
Conventional HR says that employee engagement is created by:
People Profits has seen by creatively increasing employee value,
engagement is increased which will then drive further value.
- A "Partnership",
- "Involving" your employees,
- Letting your team in on the plan,
- Providing feedback on performance,
- Keeping promises,
- A productive work environment,
- Thanking them. Inc. magazine, 8/29/13 (Link)
All of these are good things to do. The problems are:
- They are mostly abstract and difficult to measure,
- They will not be done consistently over time or department,
- They are clearly not working as 67% of employees are not engaged.
People Profits believes there are actions which will jump start employee value - creating engagement.
These actions will be:
- Supportive of your Vision, Mission and Values,
- Custom for your organization and current business situation,
- Supportive of your Human Capital Strategy and Plan,
- Specific to the employees as a whole and individually,
- Concrete, specific and measurable and
- Will advance the short/long term goals of your business strategy.
Case study: A service company saw a dramatic increase in the employee satisfaction which led to employees feeling positive about the future. This was accomplished by increasing the number of service lines that employees could be certified in. This increased their value to the company dramatically.
If your Employee Engagement strategy looks like this:
Request a no cost - no hassle consultation now.