Can you believe it? Today is RE:NEW's birthday!
Four years ago, I walked into a small room and was greeted by my advisor and our first two volunteers. In the course of that initial meeting we discussed some of the needs of our generation, the people we wanted to reach, and the things we could do to make it happen. We were just four people who wanted to make a difference in the lives of those younger than us. Today, the dream that was born four years ago has now grown and taken shape!
What about you? Do you want to make a difference? Not sure where to start?
Here are some of our biggest takeaways from the past four years:
- Be fearless - Dream big. Do big things. Don't let fear cripple your ministry reach!
- Stay relevant - Be willing to adapt and change your methods. Get out of your comfort zone and meet people where they are.
- Make friends - Ministry is NOT a competition! Share your resources and sow towards the cause of another. You'll be surprised how much you'll grow from it.
- Invest wisely - Relationships are key. People are your greatest resource. They will be your biggest boon or your greatest disappointment.
- Practice patience - Nothing will happen overnight. Keep at it. Remember that fruit takes time to cultivate and that every life is worth it.
Living with purpose,