JOB DESCRIPTION: Geneva-based Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
True Heroes Films (THF), is a non-profit organisation working to ensure audiences outside the usual human rights community are reached and engaged by human rights stories. THF is looking for an enthusiastic, efficient and fun coordinator to keep our team running smoothly and to ensure the organisation’s further development.
Reporting directly to the Committee, the coordinator is charged with managing the administration and functioning of the organisation. The coordinator is responsible for overall organisational coherence and THF’s reputation, as well as maintaining the organisation’s relations with stakeholders and coordinating the projects and work that our team is doing.
In close collaboration with the Institutional Developer, the Coordinator contributes to the development of the organisation’s strategy, to raising core funds and specific project funding, and to maintaining relationships with the organisations core stakeholders.
- Maintaining relations with partners, among THF associates and with the Committee.
- Planning day-to-day activities and overseeing to strategic planning
- Overseeing organisational accounting
- Logistics (office, transport, etc)
- Role of Producer on films (Organisational view on deadlines, quality, resources and relations with client; troubleshooting when needed)
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and experience coordinating teams
- Previous experience with fundraising (project drafting, discussions with donors, reporting) - A dedication to highlighting human rights issues
- Speaking English and French fluently, German an valuable addition
- Having a valid work permit for Switzerland
- Experience in communications and audio-visual work
- An existing network or knowledge of human rights organisations, actors and donors
Salary: CHF 3200.- (brut) per month for a 50% position (21hrs/ week), with possibility of increasing both percentage worked and remuneration depending on projects received.
Location: based in Geneva, but work times and location of work (office, home, etc) are flexible and to be agreed with associates; limited travel
Starting date: 1 June 2015
Send CV and email explaining why you feel you fit the description and what you would bring to the team to firstname.lastname@example.org: first received, first considered
P.S. Mike Romig, the current Coordinator, is moving on the become Institutional Developer, not leaving the team, of course!