|Strengthening ties with UNSW
Wattblock has had a close relationship with the UNSW since winning the inaugural UNSW Shenzhen pitch competition, providing internships for over 20 UNSW students and hiring recent graduate, Jacky Zhong. At the invitation of NS Innovations
, we have setup a short term presence on the UNSW campus. Thanks to Joshua Flannery for hosting us along with muru-d startup, Instrument Works and the Founder Lab startups.
Visit to Regional NSW
It is not only our capital cities in Australia which are aiming to improve their sustainability. Regional town centres are also trying to reduce carbon emissions. Scott Witheridge made the trip to northern NSW this week to spread some Wattblock love! Reach out to us if you know a regional centre with a strong drive for energy efficiency and renewables.
Testing New Market Segment - Aged Care
After compiling data on a wide range of stratas, we are also testing our energy analytics on a similar building type in growth trajectory - aged care facilities. Our first Solar + Tesla battery report has been issued to a 72 bed facility this week.
4th Time Customer!
A strata building in Manly has become the first Wattblock customer to engage us four times:
* 2 year Wattblock Subscription Report
* Tariff Optimization Report
* LED Lighting Detailed Report
* Ventilation Optimization Report
Now they are asking about air conditioning, a new challenge for our analytics team!
- Met with InnovateNSW
- Attended Collaborative Workshop for incentives & planning hosted by Office of Environment & Heritage
- Visited Australian Technology Park Innovations
- Given a tour of Stone & Chalk fintech accelerator
- Met with an embedded electrical network company
- Attended two individual apartment block executive committee meetings
- Met with Queensland University of Technology
- Engaged solar thermal company
- Reconnected with muru-D startups Disrupt Surfing, Youchews, Instrument Works and Inkerz