Grants for Sydney apartments
Reach out if you own an apartment in the City of Sydney. Wattblock is currently assisting apartment buildings to access up to $80,000 in grant funding for energy and water related projects.
More clean technologies
The number of clean technologies which can be deployed in residential stratas with fast payback periods continues to increase. Wattblock is now reporting on carbon nanotube coatings and nano-fluid injections for cooling towers. We've also got new payback data on integrated solar thermal + electric heat pump configurations for efficient common hot water.
Largest strata customer yet
Wattblock just completed an electricity + gas + water sustainability report for its largest strata on record. One strata scheme consisting of 650 individual units co-located with a hotel, office suites and ground floor restaurants. This is the first strata scheme we have found spending over $500,000 on common area electricity p.a. They have the opportunity to fast track 20% savings with a 3.1 year payback period.
This week we welcome Omar Zikri as business analyst intern to work with the Wattblock team in Sydney. He is completing an information systems degree at UNSW School of Business. We also welcome back Nicholas Lee from UNSW's solar engineering school for his second internship with Wattblock.
- Coached a UNSW startup team competing in the Peter Farrell Cup
- Initial meeting with Adobe Systems
- Met with Urbanise, owners of MyStrata software
- Guest speaking at Michael Crouch Innovation Centre event on "Validating an idea for a startup"
- Met with UTS Institute of Sustainable Futures (ISF)
- Caught up with a McKinsey consultant
- Meeting with air conditioning experts
- Meeting with heat pump experts
- Attended muru-D Sydney Class 3 Demo Night at Telstra's Customer Experience Centre on George St.