Brent was also invited to present on energy efficiency and energy management in strata buildings at the Owners Corporation Network Annual General Meeting. This is a key industry body for our target market and helps to build Wattblock's visibility as a subject matter expert. He also had the opportunity to deliver a TEDx talk!
Product Development Update
Wattblock is now using data feeds of higher resolution 15 minute interval data from a number of our customers with smart meters. This is being combined with daily and seasonal Solar PV modelling to optimise system size, tariff impact, and to more accurately assess power factor correction savings opportunity. Ross and the team are doing a great job getting deep into the data and developing new analytics.
This week we welcome Michael Schuster to the team in Sydney who has been working on LED lighting and power factor correction data analysis. We are also farewelling (but not forgetting) a number of interns who have successfully completed their 3 month internship with us.
Wattblock's Brisbane and Gold Coast team members are celebrating receipt of their first customer payments this week in New Farm and Main Beach. Congratulations to Scott Witheridge who has been managing the Queensland team and building a database of 500 target strata buildings in the sunny state.
- Attended NSW Office of Finance and Heritage Residential Energy Efficiency finance working group
- Met with an independent sustainability auditor
- Attended a briefing by Kate Howitt from Fidelity Investments
- Presented at Telstra Finance team's offsite
- Met with LED lighting company, Enlighten
- Invited to join a tender consortium with a water 'smart metering' company
- Met with an independent clean energy asset financing company
- Met with two of the big four retail banks
- Met with members of UTS Institute for Sustainable Futures
- Attended the muru-D Christmas party and met the River City Labs guys