|Virtual Energy Assessments Report Published
Owners Corporation Network
have kindly published the Virtual Energy Assessments report here
which we completed for the City of Sydney under an Environmental Innovation Grant.
Strata Law Reform Talk
Thanks to Owners Corporation Network for an informative evening exploring the upcoming strata law reforms. Hosted by Pat Quirke-Parry and featuring Suzy Broome of Sachs Gerace Broome
solicitors, much needed clarity was brought to a complicated policy reform.
Strata Community Australia Membership
Congratulations to Scott Witheridge from our Brisbane office on becoming a member of Strata Community Australia
(Qld). We will be heading to Strata Community Australia's National ConveNTion
in Alice Springs from 25th-27th May which features Shark Tank judge, Naomi Simson
, as a keynote speaker. Let us know if you are also heading along.
Mobile phone base station vs solar on strata?
Wattblock energy reports stopped a strata building from accepting an offer to put a mobile phone base stations on their roof. Why? The $20,000 p.a. of revenue offerred to the Owners Corporation for hosting the base stations was less than the $35,000 p.a. future revenue generating potential of a community solar system.
Botany Bay Business Enterprise Centre
Wattblock met with John and Marcus from BEC
to work on opportunities in the Botany Bay local government area. Thanks to John and Marcus for their time workshopping our business canvas and determining the best local market entry strategy.
We welcome back Branden Kang for a second internship with Wattblock in Sydney. Branden was our first UNSW solar engineering intern to join us last year and we are happy to have him back on board in 2016!
- Kicked off a $25k LED lighting upgrade for a strata in Manly
- Visited muru-D to give our foundation investor an update
- Attended a student entrepreneur "catchup" organised by NS Innovations
- Attended the launch of Upstream Energy at Manly's Novotel
- Met with a property management company
- Met with UTS Institute for Sustainable Futures
- Visited Macquarie University computer science department
- Participated in "Fingerprints for Success"
- Attended a talk on Strata Law reform organised by OCN