This trip follows on from a networking trip up to Brisbane and coverage of Wattblock in the SCA Newsletter
Armed with a home made carrot cake Brent and Scott presented to a forum of 13 strata managers in Brisbane and met with a 'microgrid' or embedded electrical network solution provider. Brisbane is really moving on microgrids with favourable regulatory conditions. Back in NSW Wattblock is assisting one of its customers to investigate how it can unlock the same benefits in NSW strata buildings.
Wattblock has been featured in specialist publications Fifth Estate
and Lookup Strata
following the completion of Wattblock's project with the City of Sydney. Lord Mayor Clover Moore commented that the project was a “win-win-win”
for the city, supporting a high potential local startup while driving down carbon emissions and helping apartment dwellers reduce their electricity bills.
Wattblock Queensland is expanding their intern program next semester by taking on 8 new students. From the University of Queensland we welcome Nikhil, Michael, Ragnar and Alex, who are all studying a Bachelor of Environmental Management (Sustainable Development), and from Queensland University of Technology we welcome Ben, Fergus, Genevieve and Cairisjana, who study a Bachelor of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
Wattblock delivered its first 'Portfolio' report for a Strata Management company. The report covers over 500 buildings with statistics on overall energy consumption, energy savings opportunities, and the size of other project opportunities like solar, batteries, and electric vehicle recharge across their portfolio. We got some really good feedback on the portfolio report and we are stepping up the number of building assessments we are doing with them.
Wattblock has also assisted several buildings within the City of Sydney with Environmental Innovation and Energy Assessment Grant applications.
- Met with NSW Innovate to progress grant application.
- Attended Pollenizer and Horizon Energy backed ENERGY.XO launch event to hear about the emerging 'Enernet' (Energy Internet).
- Attended Growth Hacking masterclass held by Telstra's Remarkable incubator with Canva - Anna Guerrero, and Freelancer - Willix Halim.
- Attended Owners Corporation Network event and General Meeting.
- China strategy session with Star Jasmine
- Coaching session with Naked CEO author Alex Malley.
- Had a good laugh at this Undercurrent Video which Jacky found online.