Wattblock generated its 400th energy efficiency report for a strata building this week. We are currently doing 'deep dive' data analysis on 27 strata buildings across Sydney, Manly and Parramatta, capturing the insights for our future product development.
In addition to LED lighting, we are currently pursuing 5 solar opportunities, one ventilation opportunity and two power factor correction opportunities.
This week we welcome Ivan Li to the team taking the team size to 28 people as we come to the close of our first major internship program. We also thank our accounting and HR advisors who have been assisting us on a part time basis.
Wattblock has been collaborating with electricians, lighting, solar, ventilation and hot water experts. This week we engaged with a Power Factor Correction vendor. When the the quality of power provided from the grid declines, it can result it additional charges to strata buildings. The falling cost of industrial power correction devices has now brought this technology into reach of strata buildings, saving them money and increasing the lifespan of their electricity equipment and appliances.
Wattblock will be presenting at the upcoming Owners Corporation Network
annual general meeting, alongside Jay Leonard from Enlighten Australia. The topic is "Reducing Levies through Energy Savings." You can register here
for a 10am start on Saturday 21st November at 'The Station' in Jacksons Landing, Pyrmont.
- Met Parramatta City Council on their smart city vision
- Met Melbourne City Council to understand the success of their solar efforts
- Tested 'bundling of energy efficiency and solar' with an energy company
- Private briefing on an innovative 'digital solar' product for tenanted properties
- Interviewed two new internship candidates
- Reconnected with our Chinese translator
- Update session with our online web design & development company
- Kickstarted a survey of strata managers
- Continued HR policy formation
- Improved our end-to-end strata building energy analysis processes