Open to anyone interested in learning & sharing information about healthy, plant-based food choices.
JULY 26 Meeting
1) Welcome and introductions. 2)NAVS Summerfest recap: those who attended will share insights. 3) Marty Howell will lead a discussion about benefits and uses of HERBS. 4) Deposit your ticket for the Adult Program Gift Basket raffle.
We had a wonderful array of dishes at our June potluck. Take a look at Lulu Herold's delicious-looking photos! And we watched Forks Over Knives - always an informative & powerful film.
August 30 Meeting
Potluck Sampling: Herb-infused Foods & Drinks. Put what you learned into practice. Sample some refreshing late-summer treats!
6-8 oz. Kalamata olives, rinsed/halved (not canned)
3 T. dried parsley
1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
1. Cut peeled carrots in wide & thick 4" strips.
2. Coat with veggie broth to moisten.
3. Grill or baked until a slight crunch.
4. Remove from heat; cut in strips. Put in bowl. Drizzle balsamic vinegar, pepper, dried parsley.
5. Combine dates & olives in another bowl.
6. Combine date/olive mixture to carrots.
- Add pepper or balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Serve warm or room temperature.