.....we all need it, especially on those days when you need to remind yourself that you DO love to run! WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
Check out our VALENTINE'S DAY CONTEST -- Tell us what makes you willing to get out of bed on these dark winter mornings. You will be entered to win a FREE Saskatchewan Marathon race entry for you or to GIFT to someone who needs YOUR love!.
We’ll announce the top 5 entries on February 14. We've got some other great prizes as well -- so enter often - limited to 3 entries per person.
Click here to submit. DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 13 midnight Saskie time
“Some of the world’s greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible.” -Doug Larson, English gold medalist runner
Need some inspiration?
“To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine, long distance runner, holds seven American track records
“We all have dreams, in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, self-discipline, and effort.”-Jesse Owens, Olympic gold medalist runner
Register before February 28 for best prices....
|SaskMarathon - May 28, 2017
|GoodLife Fitness 10K
We LOVE our Volunteers! Let me introduce………..
your 2017 Saskatchewan Marathon Race Committee. These 14 amazing volunteers will make sure you have your best race on May 28, 2017.
- Barb Shirley - first year with the committee. Worked Package Pick-up and other volunteer jobs at the in past years.
- Bev Lackie - the Marafun Queen - training our future runners.
- Cathy Seed - Volunteer Captain -- we can't put on an impressive Saskatchewan Marathon without Cathy and her volunteers!
- David Stark - Former SRRA president, he recruits the pace bunnies, helps with set up, puts together the Race Booklet, and ensure our history is maintained.
- Greg Fenty - the Course Master. He knows Saskatoon trails and streets inside out.
- Jill Cope - With Jan Stirling, makes sure your bibs and tshirts are ready to pick up on May 27!
- Jim Charlebois - New to Saskatoon. Brings great experience from international Triathlon, volleyball and short track events in Vancouver. Planning to lead the Course Marshal team.
- Kim Newlove - Awards and Prizes is her bag. Wasn’t that Finish Line Winners Circle great last year? Watch for more in 2017.
- Leah Heintz - keeps track of the cash and ensures the bills get paid. Involved with the race for many years!
- Linda Hamre - Water, Water everywhere -- Linda and her team get water wherever it needs to be on Race Day
- Peter Goode - President of the SRRA, former race director for the SaskMarathon. He’s the go-to guy if you need information on races, trails and anything to do with running.
- Shona Iverson - First year committee member -- you’ll see her at the finish line!
- Jan Stirling - see Jill above - a great team that ensures you are ready for Race Day.
- Theresa Aubin Singh -leads the most enthusiastic Aid Station volunteers to get you through those tough spots-
WE our MAJOR SPONSORS
With your support the Saskatchewan Marathon has become one of the top races in Canada!