This special edition I have compiled a list of the many services available to people in NSW.
View this email in your browser

Werriwa eNewsletter

16 April 2021

Dear <<First Name>>.

In this special edition of the Werriwa e-Newsletter, I have compiled a list of the many services available to people in NSW. Everyone should be aware that these services exist, and I implore everyone to apply if you’re eligible.

Service NSW have made it easy to narrow down the services that will be best suited to you with the Savings Finder Questionnaire. Just click through 6 simple questions and you will be provided with a personalised list of savings.

You can find rebates, savings and vouchers below for services including Energy and Utilities, Health, Kids, Council Rates and Rent Assistance, and Pensioners and Seniors.

I hope you find these services useful. Have a great weekend.


Kind Regards



In this edition of the Werriwa eNewsletter:

Energy and Utilities

Note: 'Retail customers' are those who receive your bill directly from your energy retailer.
Note: 'On supply customers' means you receive your energy bill or invoice from the strata manager or community/village operator.

  • Compare Energy Plans

    • Energy Made Easy is an Australian Government energy price comparison service for households and small businesses.
  • Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Vouchers

    • If you're having difficulty paying your current household energy bill because of a short-term financial crisis or emergency, such as unexpected medical bills, or reduced income due to COVID-19, you could be eligible for Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) $50 vouchers.
  • Discounted Energy Efficient Lighting

    • LED light bulbs last longer than other bulbs, save on energy costs, and have a lower environmental impact.
    • Currently, if you have halogen downlights in your home, you may be able to have the cost of replacement LED bulbs and their installation, subsidised.
  • Appliance Replacement Offer

    • If you're looking to upgrade your old fridge or television, you may be able to get a discount through the appliance replacement offer. 
    • If you're eligible, you could save:
      • 40% off the cost of a new fridge
      • 50% off the cost of a new television.


  • Life Support Energy Rebate (Retail customers)

    • The rebate is for NSW customers who need, or have someone living with them who needs to use approved energy-intensive medical equipment at home. The equipment must be essential for supporting life, such as home dialysis, ventilators and oxygen concentrators.
  • Medical Energy Rebate (Retail customers)

    • The rebate is for NSW customers who have an inability to self-regulate body temperature when exposed to extreme hot or cold environmental temperatures. To be eligible for the rebate, you'll need to have a diagnosis that you're unable to self-regulate your body temperature.

Kids Vouchers

  • Active Kids Vouchers

    • The Active Kids program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
    • Voucher 1 is valid January to December and Voucher 2 is valid July to December.
    • The vouchers may be used with a registered activity provider for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and active recreation activities.
  • Creative Kids Voucher

    • Parents, guardians and carers can claim a $100 voucher per year to put towards the cost of lessons and fees with registered providers.
    • It's a great opportunity to let kids find their passion and learn new skills.
    • Vouchers can be used to contribute to registration, participation and tuition costs for performing arts, visual arts, coding, languages, literature, music and other creative and cultural activities with our approved list of activity providers.

Council Rates and Rent Assistance

  • Council Rates Rebates

    • Concessions are available to eligible pensioners on their council rates, including:
      • $250 on ordinary council rates and charges for domestic waste management services
      • $87.50 on annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)
      • $87.50 on annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council).
    • In certain circumstances, rebates may be granted to people suffering financial hardship.
    • You can apply for a rates rebate at your local council office.
  • Private Rental Assistance

    • You can apply for assistance to help you set up and maintain a tenancy in the private rental market through Housing Pathways.

Pensioners and Seniors

  • Seniors Energy Rebate

    • The Seniors Energy Rebate is available for eligible independent retirees to help cover the cost of their electricity.
    • To be eligible you need to hold a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (CSHC)
    • CSHCs are means-tested concession cards issued by Services Australia and the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA). 
    • The Seniors Energy Rebate is $200 per household, per financial year.
    • Gas accounts are not eligible for the rebate.
  • Pensioner Water Rebate

    • If you receive a pension, you may qualify for a rebate on your water bill. 
    • You’ll also need to be the owner and occupier of one of the following:
      • single dwelling
      • dual occupancy
      • strata or company title unit
      • unit in a retirement village with a life term lease.
    • If you own the property with someone who isn't a pensioner, you may still get a rebate. This depends on your relationship with the other owner(s) and your eligibility.
  • Pension Supplement

    • If you’re a pensioner currently receiving support through Centrelink, you may be eligible for extra help with bills and medicine costs through the Pension Supplement.
    • This supplement is a combined payment of Pharmaceutical Allowance, Utilities Allowance, GST Supplement and Telephone Allowance.
  • Regional Seniors Travel Card

    • The regional seniors travel card provides eligible seniors living in regional, rural and remote areas of NSW with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel. You can use the card at certain retailers to pay for pre-booked NSW Trainlink Regional trains and coaches, fuel and taxis. 
Subscribe to my eNewsletters
You are receiving this email because you have signed up to the eNewsletter or you are a Werriwa Volunteer nominator or nominee.

Authorised by:
Anne Stanley, ALP, Shop 7, 441 Hoxton Park Road, Hinchinbrook NSW 2168

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp