Sales Tax Holiday
Virginia's Sales Tax Holiday begins today, August 2nd and runs through Sunday, August 4th.
This weekend you can buy qualifying school supplies, clothing, footwear, hurricane and emergency preparedness items, and Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products without paying sales tax.
What items are eligible?
- School supplies, clothing, and footwear
- Qualified school supplies - $20 or less per item
- Qualified clothing and footwear - $100 or less per item
- Hurricane and emergency preparedness products
- Portable generators - $1,000 or less per item
- Gas-powered chainsaws - $350 or less per item
- Chainsaw accessories - $60 or less per item
- Other specified hurricane preparedness items - $60 or less per item
- Energy Star™ and WaterSense™ products
- Qualifying Energy Star™ or WaterSense™ products purchased for noncommercial home or personal use - $2,500 or less per item
Detailed lists of qualifying items and more information for retailers can be found in the 2019 Combined Sales Tax Holiday Guidelines.
I hope you will take advantage of these savings this weekend.
As always, please don't hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance.