Computer Training & Resource Centre Facilitator (CTR-CF)
Position: Computer Training & Resource Centre Facilitator (CTR-CF) Reports to: Entrepreneurs Training and Mentorship Coordinator Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Job Summary: AHC is looking to fill a temporary, full time (37.5 hours per week), Computer Training/Resource Centre Facilitator (CTR-CF) job responsible to oversee a short-term project starting immediately. The Facilitator is responsible for all the activities of the two Computer Training/Resource centers located at the C5 Hub Northeast Edmonton and Somali Canadian Women & Children’s Association respectively.
These two centers serve as hubs for access to information/resources, technology- focused training, and a network of other supports. The Facilitator welcomes and engages clients in the center, maintains supplies, equipment, and technology intended to assist participants advance their entrepreneurial and other skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with the Training Coordinator and Program Manager in developing the computer-training curriculum, the preparation and periodic update of training syllabi/outlines, conduct assessment activities with clients and keep participants informed on training progress as appropriate.
● Facilitate basic computer training sessions focused on active learning and participant’s success
● Support participants to use appropriately, all equipment and technology available in the center.
● Develop and maintain information sharing tools/methods to inform and share with participants, relevant training, educational and occupational opportunities, information on local labour market/business trends, local community resources and other areas based on client’s requests
● Facilitate clients’ referrals to AHC and other community services as necessary.
● Perform general administration duties of the center
● Available to work weekdays, evenings and/or Saturdays as needed.
Position: Youth Facilitator Reports to: Site Coordinator Number of Hours: 6 per week (Mondays and Fridays 3-6 pm) Salary: $17/hr Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Background: The Health Active Community Kids (HACK) after school program is a unique after school program offered in partnership with Edmonton elementary schools to support children/youth in their development and make them successful in their lives.
Summary: We are looking for the dynamic, creative and responsible Youth Facilitators who will be working with children providing after-school activities in schools. This position is ideal for those who enjoy working with elementary school age children and value individual identities, will encourage a team building environment, possess sound decision making skills, excellent problem solving skills and can comfortably work with aboriginal and immigrant children for their holistic development.
Planning: Innovatively plan and lead age-appropriate activities using a team approach in coordination with the Site Coordinator. Ensure the program reflects the cultural variance of program population.
Parent Engagement: Represent AHC in a respectful, positive, and confidential manner towards all clients and professional dealings with children/youth and families. Be approachable to parents and make them feel welcomed and comfortable in the program.
Facilitation: Supervise, facilitate and mentor the children/youth and guide them in their holistic development.
Approachable/Role Model: Be approachable to all children without regard to race, creed, religion, socio-economic status, while enthusiastically promoting an atmosphere that is safe and positive for each participant.
School Partnership and Relationship Building : Maintain a positive relationship with the school management.
Administration: Attend all required meetings and ensure all proper documents are updated as appropriate.