Here we are once again in lockdown and some of us continuing to shield. At times it all feels a bit grim but this time there is light at the end of the tunnel. As I write the most vulnerable of us can be expected to receive a call for vaccination in the next few weeks closely followed by others and carers.
With all this in mind we continue to work behind the scenes so that as soon as it is safe to do so we can get back onto the water. The boats were all checked over at the end of the season and tucked up for the winter. The crabber needs a bit of maintenance before going back onto the water but this is booked for the spring.
I have two items to mention specifically.
Firstly, this years National Sailability Conference is on 13th February. Because of the pandemic it is to be held on line this year. This means we can access it from the comfort of our own homes. We are encouraging as many people as possible to attend. To find the information and registration page google “RYA 2021 National Sailability conference “. I have to admit that I have not attended this conference before so I can’t let you know what to expect, but I have been told that it is a worthwhile experience.
Secondly the RYA (Royal Yachting Association- our parent body) are offering us an £800 grant. We need to apply for it but it is only available for specific purposes. I will list the categories. If you have any ideas of how you would like us to spend the money within these guidelines please let me know. It would help with our application.
1. volunteer training
2. Rebuilding our ability to deliver regular activity post pandemic
3. Costs involved in restarting our sailing
4. finding new participants to join us.
I believe we will get back out onto the water this year even if we have a slightly delayed start to the season. I look forward to seeing everyone. Meanwhile I will keep in touch to let you know how things are progressing. Any queries, questions, comments or ideas on how we could spend £800 please let me know.