We have received reports from residents in Snodland, Larkfield and Tonbridge about a roofing scam.
What to do
- A brick is thrown onto the residents roof causing damage to tiles
- A criminal knocks on the door offering to repair the damage
Warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.
- NEVER agree to work from someone who knocks on your door uninvited
- Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done
- If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999
- Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade
- If your roof is damaged get a minimum of 3 quotes in writing