Warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours living in the area.
- ALWAYS refuse on the spot repairs.
- Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done. If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999.
- Legitimate traders would never ask you to go to the bank or cash point.
- Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade
- Ask for quotes in writing and check that the tradesperson is from the company they say they are from
If you feel afraid or threatened by a doorstep caller, phone 999.
|Please report any suspicious doorstep callers to us.