8th Annual MPS Meeting Updates!
We are excited to announce our tentative schedule!
Thursday, June 24th
- Trivia competition (see details below)
- Poster session #1
- Featured symposium
Friday, June 25th
- Poster session #2
- Keynote speaker
Our featured symposium topic is...
Research and Teaching during COVID-19: Challenges, Opportunities, and Lessons Learned
Anyone interested in presenting in this symposium should submit an abstract at apsmichigan.org. We would encourage abstracts related to research, teaching, and/or outreach efforts during the pandemic.
Also... Don't forget about our trivia contest this year!
This year we are pleased to host a virtual trivia competition (via Kahoot), so start forming your teams and studying!
- June 24th, time TBD
- Teams of 3-5 undergraduates can compete for each institution team, and graduating 2020-2021 seniors are eligible - the top 3 scores from each team will be counted
- Institutions can have multiple teams
- There will be two rounds - the top 3 teams will advance to the finals
- The questions will be related to general physiology in the various organ systems
Please send team member names and contact information to Jennie Vranish @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- General abstract submission and registration are open on our website. Visit apsmichigan.org for more information. All abstract submissions are welcome, including work presented at Experimental Biology or another conference.
- Important note: While we are excited about our COVID-themed symposium, there will be other programming as well, so please submit all your exciting physiology work, COVID and non-COVID alike!
- The following positions on the Executive Committee are up for re-election:
- Awards committee chair
- Membership & fundraising committee chair