The second session in the Childhub and PROMISE mini webinar series on medical evaluation in Barnahus will be tomorrow, Thursday, October 25th at 3pm CEST.
This session will focus on physical abuse diagnostic work-up and decision-making. The main speaker is Resmiye Oral, MD, Professor of Paediatrics and Director of the Child Protection Program at the University of Iowa, USA. Two supporting speakers will join her for this webinar:
- Stefan Rune who held the first part of this mini series, and
- Andrea Goddard, who will welcome you on November 19th for the third and final part of this mini series
This mini series is targeted to all professionals who are working to meet the Barnahus Quality Standards, or to otherwise ensure reliable evidence and good outcomes for children who are victims and witnesses of violence. Join to learn about:
- Why medical evaluation is important for the wellbeing of children and the investigation,
- Best practices for a multi-disciplinary cooperation which includes medical evaluation,
- The types of medical providers who should be available to the Barnahus and the additional training they may need,
- What a child-friendly exam room may look like,
- The process when a medical problem is detected that would otherwise would have gone unnoticed,
- Ensuring treatment and follow-up.
Click here to register for the webinar tomorrow! We look forward to seeing you!
With any questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Protection Hub team