Happy New Year and Welcome Back!
I hope that you got some rest during the Christmas holidays as January is a very busy month. Students and staff are back at it this week to finish first semester classes. There will be final assignments happening in many courses and some classes will have final exams. The EXAM SCHEDULE has been sent home and is also posted on the school website. A few reminders for January 21 - 25 Exam Week:
- There are no regular classes. If a student does not have a course exam, they do not come to school.
- Students writing exams must come to school in full uniform.
- Students are expected arrive on time with all materials needed to write the exam.
- Textbooks are to be handed in the morning of that course's exam.
- School buses will run the usual morning route and times.
- Buses will leave the school as soon as the last student on that bus route has completed their exam.
Second term begins on Monday, January 28. Any students having scheduling issues should contact Mr. Fraser before the beginning of second term.
The Concert and Jazz Band have their Winter's Journey Concert this week. Come out for an evening of fine music this Tuesday, January 15 at 7:15pm in the MPX.
The Winter Formal Dance is on Friday, January 25. Please see below for more information on this fun event for the students.
Please help us spread the word about our Open House on Thursday, February 7 from 6-8pm. A personal invitation or recommendation is often the most powerful form of advertising. Prospective families are encouraged to attend and see what Catholic Education looks like at the high school level. Application packages for new students for the 2019-2020 school year will be available this week on line, through our feeder schools and any of our 7 supporting parish offices.
And finally, don't forget about our own basketball tournament, the Big Bear Classic! This fabulous tournament is always a highlight for the school. Come out and support our senior girls and boys teams January 31 - February 2.
Thank you for your continued prayers for the students, staff and families at SJB, and thank you for your support of Catholic Education.