CRRC Annual General Membership Meeting: Registration is now open!
The Annual General Membership meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at the Tropicana Casino Resort.
Click here to register for the event. For event details, including the guest speaker lineup, visit the CRRC website.
CRRC Member Webinar: Information on Proposed Wall Rating Program
The CRRC will be hosting two informational webinars this month about the proposed wall rating program. All members are strongly encouraged to attend one of the webinars. During the one-hour webinar, the CRRC will provide important context and additional details behind the idea of launching a new rating program for exterior wall products. Members will also have an opportunity to ask questions.
The next CRRC laboratory training will take place on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in Berkeley, California. Click here for workshop details and to register.
Board of Directors Meeting Updates
At the January 31, 2019 Meeting, the Board of Directors:
• Appointed Stacey Weister (Momentum Technologies International) as a voting member on the Technical Committee. The seat was previously held by Cindy Campbell (Momentum Technologies International). The CRRC would like to thank Ms. Campbell for her years of service on the Committee.
• Authorized the formation of a wall ratings steering committee and development of an informational packet for the CRRC Membership.
• Approved the 2019 Election plan.
• Approved revisions to the CRRC’s operating procedures for the development of standards, including ANSI/CRRC S100.
• Eliminated the Custom Color rating option because it is an underutilized option that no longer meets the technical requirements of the Product Rating Program.
• Approved a concept proposal to enable the CRRC to conduct international outreach that was developed by the CRRC Strategic Planning Committee’s International Expansion Working Group.
• Reconvened the Re-testing Working Group to develop a policy-based re-testing protocol to handle changes and updates to CRRC test methods. The policy will help maintain the technical accuracy and credibility of the CRRC Rating Program.
At the March 21, 2019 Conference Call, the Board of Directors:
• Appointed Andrew Jambor (Momentum Technologies International) as an alternate voting member on the Technical Committee. The seat was previously held by Stacey Weister (Momentum Technologies International).
• Approved a revision to the CRRC’s operating procedures for the development of standards, including ANSI/CRRC S100.
• Approved the inclusion of proposed amendments to the CRRC Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation on the 2019 ballot that would expand the scope of the organization to include the rating of walls.
• Affirmed that if a wall rating program is established, it will be entirely self-funded by program participants; program funding would not be taken from the roofing program.
• Approved the implementation specification for the measurement of solar reflectance of roofing aggregate larger than size #11 granules that will pass through a 5/8" square mesh.
• Approved a thermal emittance educational note for roofing aggregate and an interim assigned thermal emittance value of 0.85.
• Moved to remove products from the CRRC Rated Products Directory whose aged test results have maintained a “Pending” status for more than three months following natural exposure at a test farm. These products will be removed from the Directory on August 1, 2019 unless the CRRC receives new initial test values submitted by an AITL by that date.
• Directed the CRRC Technical Committee to develop amendments to the implementation specification approved during the meeting that will relate to the logistics of testing roofing products that contain aggregate material embedded in a field-applied liquid coating product where the system's performance is affected by the aggregate material and coating product.
Technical Committee Meeting Updates
At the February 21, 2019 Conference Call, the Committee:
• Recommended the Board of Directors appoint Andrew Jambor (Momentum Technologies International) as an alternate voting member on the Technical Committee. The seat was previously held by Stacey Weister (Momentum Technologies International) who was appointed as a voting member on the Committee by the Board on January 31, 2019.
• Recommended the Board of Directors approve the implementation specification for the measurement of solar reflectance of roofing aggregate.
• Recommended the Board of Directors approve the thermal emittance educational note for roofing aggregate and an interim assigned thermal emittance value of 0.85.