Introducing the M.U.D.D Auto
We are excited to announce the newly designed M.U.D.D AUTO!
This design was always intended to be an automatic, it's just taken a few years to come to fruition. While the manual M.U.D.D knife is a mile stone unto itself, having a completely sealed automatic M.U.D.D knife is a game changer! The idea of having a completely sealed auto is important because of all the small, intricate parts. If you drop an automatic in the dirt, it's not only difficult to take apart and clean, but it's going to be difficult to put back together. Having an automatic that you never have to take apart was our goal, and we are excited to not only announce the design, but to start taking deposits for the first run of 125 prototypes!
To help bring down costs, the materials we will be using for the M.U.D.D auto are as follows:
- 6061 T6 aluminum frames, type III hard anodizing
- Flat gray or textured black G10 overlays
- 20CV blade
- Titanium clip to resemble the original deep carry clip (reversible)
- First batch will have option to upgrade to cerakote blade & hardware (not the frames at this time)
- These will all be marked "Prototype"
- Updated button design
- Bearings (we believe this is the only automatic to utilize them)
- Overall thickness reduced by .0625" (noticibly thinner in the hand)
(Includes domestic shipping & paypal fees)
(Cerakote blade & hardware)
The design options are shown below. In order to secure your spot on the list, please click the "Place $50 Deposit" button below the design you want. If you're interested in cerakote, I will confirm that option with you individually once we receive the deposit.
Also below there is an action video showing how the knife operates.
We are expecting to ship these out by mid February.
As always, please don't hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns!