Lowry Speaker Series:
An Intimate Conversation with Lauren Y. Casteel
The Lowry Speaker Series presents “An Intimate Conversation with Lauren Y. Casteel” on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 from 7:00-8:30PM at the Eisenhower Chapel, 293 Roslyn Street in Denver.
As president and CEO of The Women’s Foundation of Colorado, Lauren Y. Casteel advocates for Colorado women, children, youth and families. Her career includes more than 20 years of philanthropic leadership, and she is known nationally for her dedication to social justice issues. Lauren is a frequent speaker, moderator and panelist, and she will join us to talk about:
- Her family’s legacy in the civil rights movement (her father was Whitney M. Young, Jr., an American civil rights leader and head of the National Urban League from 1961-1971)
- Events that shaped her own path and passions
- Why diversity and inclusion just make sense
- Becoming an advocate for the causes that matter to you
- Philanthropy as a vehicle to create social change
- How to get involved with The Women’s Foundation of Colorado
Lauren has won numerous accolades, including the Anti-Defamation League Mountain State Region’s 2018 Civil Rights Award, the Colorado Women’s Chamber’s 25 Most Powerful Women Award in 2015, and an induction into the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame in 2014.
This event is free and open to the public; no tickets or reservations are required.