WELCOME TO THE 2020 QUICK DRAW!
Wednesday Feb. 12th.
We would like to welcome the participants and invite all the Light Chasers to this fun event! Below please find some information that will help you prepare and have fun in our painting contest this Wednesday, Feb 12th.
The following are some, but not all, of the specifics about this contest
1. Bring 1 to 2 max surfaces that you will have stamped at check-in
PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES AT LIGHTCHASERSINC.COM
so that you are well prepared when you come.
2. The surfaces can already be toned if you want.
3. The surface can be no larger than 16”x20”
4. You can and will want to have your palette and colors all out and ready to go for the 9:00 am starting time.
5. You can paint in oil, water color, acrylic, pastel or draw for this contest.
6. Your painting will show best if you bring a frame to pop it into for the judging and sales. It is NOT mandatory.
7. Have a name for your painting ready for filling out your Painting label
8. This is a rain or shine event.
9. You can still sign up, up to the start of the event on the web site or prior to 9 on the day of the event. Entry fee is $20 for Adults 18 years and over.
10. All sales transaction must be completed through the Light Chasers. Sales split will be 70% to the ARTIST and 30% to the fund to restore the Keith Farmhouse at Phillippi Estate Park, our host. Please direct sale inquiries to a quick draw team member at our table so they can be properly processed.
Procedure for the QUICK DRAW
1. When you arrive at the Phillippi Estate Park, park your car up by the Mansion or by the Gazebo. Do not park at the Farmers Market.
2. Find your place to paint and set up.
3. Come over to the south entrance of the Farmers Market with your surfaces between 8:00 and 9:00 am & go to the Light Chaser Tables for Check-in. We will check your name off, stamp your surfaces, give you a name tag & a label for you to fill out and attach to your painting.
4. At 9:00am you may begin to Paint. If you can set a timer on your phone to alert you when the two hours are nearly up that will help you to be on time back to the market.
5. At 11:00 am stop painting. Pack up your gear, frame your painting, bring your painting, easel and neatly printed and completed label back to the area where you checked in. Our Quick Draw Team will help you set up your easel and painting on a line in the Farmer's Market area. You should have completed this task by 11:30 am. If you are late your painting will not be judged!
6. At 11:30 Joseph Melancon will judge the show. At this time please stand back from the paintings so that the judge has space and time to judge the paintings.
7. At 12:00 We will announce the winners. We will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place as well as two honorable mention and New this year a Student Award for Katie Dobson Cundiff’s Ringling Students that will be painting with us.
The Quick Draw Team hopes you have a WONDERFUL PAINTING DAY!!!!!!!
Lynn Wallin, Jack Logsdon, Mary Ann Ellicott, Bonnie Elkins, Jeri Lipov, Patti Clark, Bill Dimenna and Susan Sapanara