After extending the previous week's special challenge another week, we have some very exciting and different paintings for you to see this week!
Our special challenge of painting an interior room or view seems to have given you new artistic insights. Congratulations!
HERE ARE THE PAINTINGS SUBMITTED DURING THE TWO WEEK PERIOD FOR THE 12th WEEK OF THE LIGHT CHASERS "SPIRIT OF PAINTING" CONTEST.
"Music and Art...quick study"
“Effects of Light”
12" x 16"
Oil on Canvas
"Afternoon in Lutzie’s Studio"
Oil on canvas
24” X 28”
"Bedroom Bears and Kitties"
Acrylic and Oil
Oil on birch board
14” x 11”
"Intérieur français du XVIIe siècle"
5 1/2" X 7 1/2"
Oil On Panel
14" x 11"
"Table for One"
10" wide X 14" high
"My Great Room"
11" x 8"
“My Little Corner of the World”
10" X 14"
"Bear with Me" (aka Watching Ted Talks)
12" x 12"
Oil on canvas
11" x 14"
SPIRIT OF PAINTING CONTEST RULES:
1.This contest is for Light Chaser Members only no matter where in the country you are now. If you receive our newsletter you are a member. If you wish to share the contest with other artists please have them sign up on our website.
2. Paintings eligible for the weekly contest must be COMPLETED during the week (between Sunday at 5pm through Sunday at 5pm), but may have been started earlier.
*Paintings could be plein air paintings done that week, paintings begun earlier but completed that week, or studio paintings executed from previous Plein Air sessions and completed that week.
*Subjects can be landscape, still life, figures or animals and can be done representationally or abstractly.
WE ARE ENCOURAGING YOU TO PAINT DURING THE WEEK!
The deadline to submit is Sunday at 5PM!
YOU ARE ON YOUR HONOR TO COMPLY WITH THIS.
3. Choose one painting to send in for the week. No obligation to submit every week.
A. Type Spirit of Painting in the subject line of your email B. In the body of the email please advise the following info: *Your name (please include this in the body of the mail) *"Title of painting" *Medium *size C. Attach a photo of your unframed painting done that week. (When photographing your art for the challenge, please send only the image with out any background or frame. D.Send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.We may throw in a special challenge once in a while, a prompt for the weeks painting so please be sure to read the emails to discover the prompt. Only paintings that take the prompts challenge will be accepted that week.
5. The Light Chasers board will vote on the paintings and the winner will be announced the following Sunday along with that weeks new entries. Board members will recuse themselves if they submit a painting.
6. Each weeks winners of the Challenge will qualify for the final judging for several prizes. (number of weeks will be determined by the board not to exceed 20 weeks)
7. All mediums are acceptable that we allow in our Annual Shows. (Please consult the rules for our Annual Show on our Light Chasers Website to check on Mediums allowed)
Photography is not acceptable.
Many thanks to all our artists for accepting the special challenge of painting an interior room or view. We received a few messages from artists that enjoyed stretching their artistic muscle. We hope you enjoyed the challenge, this weeks paintings were a delight.
NEXT WEEK WE WILL RETURN TO OUR NORMAL SUBJECT MATTER FOR THE SPIRIT OF PAINTING CONTEST,
This means you can submit any subject matter painting that you want to according to the above rules.
THOSE OF YOU WHO SUBMITTED PAINTINGS OVER THE LAST TWO WEEKS THAT WERE NOT INTERIOR ROOMS OR VIEWS AND WERE EXCLUDED, THANK YOU AND PLEASE RESUBMIT THEM, IF YOU CHOOSE, FOR THE UPCOMING WEEK.
TAKE CARE AND STAY SAFE AND STAY WELL AND KEEP ON PAINTING!!!
MaryAnn, Susan, Patti, Jack, Lynn, Sharon and Terry
"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."