DIGITAL PHOTO EDITING FOR PAINTERS with Ugur Kilic
July 17, 18, 19th
$240. includes two and a half days workshopstarting Friday evening with party/dinner while setting up your computer stations.
WORKSHOP: Whether you paint landscapes, still life, portraits or all three, if you are in the majority of painters who use photographs as references, you probably would like to feel more confident in your ability to edit those photos to be their best. Better references mean serious 'leg up' in making better paintings.
Imagine being comfortable in your skill to:
• change the lighting- brighten or darken the contrast between the two
• selecting an area within the photo to change any number of ways
• see into shadows you previously thought were 'black holes'
• resize, change resolution and/or crop to your painting's target canvas size
• blur or sharpen areas their best effect
• remove elements or move them over
• change the color of an area within the photo or affect the whole color scheme
• put one photo's foreground with another 's background/merging or blending photos
• work with layers of a photo to preserve one aspect while changing another
• using filters to shift your vision from "photo" to "painting"
• much much more
In a two and a half day, fun-filled workshop, you can build these skills and emerge with new ideas for your paintings, and ways to turn less-than-perfect photo references into ones that beg to be painted!
REQUIREMENTS: Bring your desktop or laptop. Have Adobe Photoshop Elements installed and ready to go. If you have a version that is older than 10, please consider updating. The current version is 13 and can be purchased online (e.g. Amazon.com) or in local stores (e.g. Best Buy) for less than $80.
Ugur, who grew up in Istanbul, Turkey, is a Graphic / Web Designer and Photographer living in San Antonio, Texas, since 1999. After graduating from the M.S.U.-Fine Arts Faculty-Istanbul, Ugur worked in her field of textile design, then as a Creative/Concept Graphic Designer for a French company in its U.S. headquarters in San Antonio, and then for a Colorado company in its San Antonio office as a Design Specialist. She now has her own graphic and web design company in San Antonio where photography is an integral and important aspect of her work. In her fine art photography, her paintings and mixed-media work, Ugur combines her twenty-plus years of experience in creative design with her personal vision and love of creating. She creates for herself and for those who are touch personally by her work.
We can host up to 8 artists in our guest rooms at Whistle Stop Corner. Please email us for availability.
GUEST HOUSE- Shared rooms with twin size beds $120 for two nights
GUEST HOUSE- Private room with full size bed $140 for two nights
COTTAGE- $160. for one person for two nights ($190. for couples)
(Breakfasts included, plus one complimentary night if you wish to stay over on Sunday night.)
For our on site guests we will have an airport shuttle.
Call 210-602-8562 or email email@example.com with your questions or to register.