In August, we invited all our Adult and Intermediate Members to complete a brief survey that would tell us how courts were being used, how members would like to use them, and any suggestions that would enhance their LPTC playing experience. Approximately 1/3 of you took the time to fill out the survey to tell us what you thought. This is a fantastic response rate--thank you to all those who participated. Your opinion counts. And, if you recall, we promised some swag to a randomly selected number of survey participants. Those names will be announced and the swag awarded at our closing dinner on November 7th.
We have been analyzing the results and are pleased to say that members are generally very happy with the tag up time/reserved time available, and the organized activities. In fact when asked what changes would encourage members to play even more tennis, almost 40% said they were already playing as much tennis as they wanted!
The actual survey results can be viewed by clicking on the Member Survey Results Button above. Here are some key findings:
- 36% play 5-6 hours/week, usually during weekdays
- 53% prefer tag up play vs organized activities
- 95% participate in any/all of: Early Birds, Round Robins, House League
- 50% prefer to play before noon on weekdays (a real change from years ago when evening play was considered prime time)
- 46% said the reserved court was important or very important to them
- 26% said they would like more organized activities at night
A number of write-in suggestions were received (thanks to those who took the time to submit them). More discussion will be held at the AGM on October 24th.