|SPACE network Newsletter November 2019
|Dear SPACE members,
1°) The Polytechnic Institute of Guarda organizes the 31st SPACE network Conference
“The Role of HEI in Smart Specialization Strategies”
IN COMBINATION WITH
A train the educator event
SPACE network Annual General Meeting
22 – 24 April 2020 – Guarda, Portugal
The Call for papers is open
Submissions are welcome which relate to the general Conference Theme under the following topics:
Types of Submissions:
- Higher Education - Smart Specialization Strategies
- Higher Education research and its relationship with industry
- Higher Education Collaborative Projects
- Higher Education 4.0
- Higher Education Pedagogy and Technologies
- Student Engagement, Diversity and Employability
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- Enablers and constraints in the promotion of research in higher education
Submissions must comply with the detailed specifications which may be attached to this call or are available on the website www.space-network.org. Submission of work is through Easy Chair – https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=20thspaceconference
Important dates: (time zone GMT+1)
- Refereed Long papers (10 pages). :4000 words max excluding reference list
- Refereed Working/Work-in-Progress or short papers (5 pages). 2500 words max excluding reference list
- Poster Presentations. : A1 size (or 6 x A4) – abstracts submission of 500 words
- Master/Doctoral submission: 2000 words max excluding reference list
- Pedagogical experiences and case studies (2 pages)
Questions? Any questions about the call for submissions please contact: Teresa Paiva – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper submission all papers: Friday,15rd January 2020 (midnight)
- Notification of acceptance ‘as is’ or required amendments:Monday, 31st January 2020
- Submission of amended papers and all posters: Friday, 28th February 2020 (midnight)
- Payment of registration (in time to ensure the inclusion of an accepted paper in the conference proceedings):Tuesday, 31st March 2019
We are looking forward to receiving your submission!
!!!!!!! For the SPACE network members, those willing to attend the conference and need an Erasmus scholarship, they should contact Teresa Paiva in order to issue the agreement (email@example.com)
1°) Assistant professor Christian Byrge – “Train the educator event”
Associate Professor Christian Byrge achieved his PhD degree for his research on creativity. He has invented and published several books and toolkits on how to teach creative thinking skills. These have been taught to more than 100.000 professionals from USA, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia. He has also played a leading role in the design of the world’s first digital gamified creativity training programs. Christian has been a leading educational designers for several creativity modules, courses and programs in both foundational, youth and higher education as well as in, executive and continuous education. This includes the co-development of a new bachelor program on Creativity & Business Innovation and a master level program on Creative Genius (probably the most ambitious creativity training program in the world). Christian regularly gives inspiring and energetic keynote speeches, teaches courses and does counseling on the enhancement of personal, team and organisational creativity. He typically presents subjects like how to teach creativity, how to perform deliberate practice of creativity, creativity training, assessment of creative potential as well as a variety of creative processes and techniques.
2°) Flavius Steianu – “An educator's dilemma: the balance between deep meaningful knowledge and an outcome based qualification framework.”
Phd - Lecturer at Vilniaus Kolegija/Vilnius UAS
- Teaching S.M.A.R.T.© - Students Make Art Research & Technology ©
- Teaching Personal Management and Career Development.
- Teaching Personal Leadership.
- Teaching Business Psychology.
All extra information will be available on our website www.space-network.org
Go to future event and register yourselves.
Next newsletter: Possible projects in which you can participate.