Are You Ready For Titans Football???
July is upon us and its finally time to get ready for some football!!!
Many of you have been out with your respective teams working to get ready for the weeks and months ahead. I applaud you for taking the steps to maximize your team’s opportunity this fall.
Next week, we will do something that we've never done before, a dedicated pre-season camp for this organization. Please be sure to communicate to your team the importance of this camp and getting a jump start on the season.
We will need full participation from all coaches. I’ve put together the schedule that we'll follow, to include: speed/agility drills, teaching blocking, Head-Up tackling, and conditioning. Please take a look at the schedule to get an idea of where you feel you may best be of assistance next week.
Groups will be broken up by age groups for each of the stations. Coaches can arrive at the field between 5:30pm-5:45pm for set-up and instruction on each station. Be sure to refer back to your USA Football Heads-Up training as we will use this camp to start teaching tackling.
CLICK HERE FOR TITANS FIRST-DOWN CAMP SCHEDULE
USA FOOTBALL CERTIFICATION
If you have not completed USA Football Certification, please be prepared to watch from the sideline. No coaches will be allowed on the field without completing the Heads-Up Tackling certification.
If you have completed the certification, upload your certificate on our website to be cleared to participate in the camp and practice. Complete your certification at www.usafootball.com and select Shadow Creek Youth Football Association as your affiliated organization.
COACH REGISTRATION & BACKGROUND CHECK
Register as a Coach/Volunteer on our registration site at sctitans.bonzidev.com
- Upload your Coaches Photo and USA Football Certification and you will be officially ready to coach with SCYFA.
TITANS WINNING STANDARD
“Winning is never an accident, it is the result of high intentions, determination, and skilled execution.”
Our Winning Standard are the principles of what we need to accomplish for us to be successful. We must begin implementing this Winning Standard by paying attention to detail and practicing efficiently, with a firm purpose.
Titans Winning Standard
- Have a Plan – It starts with the Head Coach. Detail your plan to your coaches, so they know and are able to communicate it to your players. Let your parents know what you expect to accomplish during practice time and over the course of the season.
- Fundamentals, Technique, and Player Development are more important than the plays. Don’t put the cart before the horse!!!
- Maximize Practice Time – Keep practice faced-paced as this is the tempo you want on game day. No players or coaches standing around watching practice. Practice becomes fun when everyone is engaged.
- Blocking & Tackling EVERYDAY – If you find your team is not blocking and tackling in games, then you probably not doing it effectively during practice. We often tell players to “practice how they want to play,” let’s be sure we, “coach how we want them to play.”
- Communication – In all good relationships communication is the key. Be willing to listen, take constructive criticism, and stay out your feelings. Remember, MENtoring is a major part of what we are doing!
- Discipline and Eliminating Distractions – Be extremely organized in your plan. Discipline is taught through repetition. Stick to your plan and never waver in your approach. Stay positive and coach all your players. Your team is only as strong as its weakest link.
Thanks for your time and ALL you do!!!
TITAN UP!!! #LNDWTB