Talking Points About Community Vaccination
Once COVID-19 Vaccination is Available for Mass Distribution, LVHN will Offer Vaccinations to Our Community
- To help ensure everyone in our community has access to the COVID-19 vaccination, Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN) will provide vaccinations without charge in the future.
- We are not currently providing the vaccine to the public. Providing the COVID-19 vaccine to the public will occur in the coming months when supplies are made available for mass vaccination. The plan is determined by the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s phased approach to vaccination. You can learn more at the state’s website at Health.pa.gov.
- We are still in Phase 1 of the state’s plan, focused on vaccinating frontline health care providers. The network continues to vaccinate our health care workers as quickly and safely as possible as the vaccine arrives to ensure they are able to care for our patients and the public.
- Currently, two COVID-19 vaccines have been given emergency use authorization by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, one from Pfizer/BioNTech and the other from Moderna.
- You will not be able to choose which vaccination you receive. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have been proven safe and effective after providing two months of safety from ongoing Phase 3 trials. Data show that Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine is 95 percent effective in preventing COVID-19 while Moderna’s vaccine has shown to be 94.5 percent effective.
- LVHN believes it is essential that all citizens have an opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, and cost should not be a barrier so we can help ensure everyone can receive this protective shot to help end the pandemic.
- For more details about when the vaccine will be available at LVHN for the community, and how to obtain a second dose, you are encouraged to sign up for MyLVHN, LVHN’s patient portal that is powered by Epic.
- Sign up online at MyLVHN.org or through the free MyLVHN app for Apple and Android devices. Visit the Apple App Store or Google Play to download the MyLVHN app for your smart device. You also can learn more about MyLVHN at LVHN.org/MyLVHN.
- You can also get LVHN vaccine updates and COVID-19 vaccine information, including FAQs and videos, at our COVID-19 Vaccine Website at LVHN.org/vaccines