This message is from Brian Nester, DO, MBA, FACOEP, President and Chief Executive Officer, Lehigh Valley Health Network.
With week one of COVID-19 operations closed, I want to take a moment to let you know how appreciative I am for all we accomplished last week. Since last Monday, we started numerous initiatives to address COVID-19, including:
- Activated the Network Emergency Operations Council
- Opened eight LVPG Assess and Test locations in standalone facilities, almost overnight
- Increased LVHN Video Visits by more than 100 percent with even more video visit capability coming online this week
- Introduced new rules regarding travel between facilities that include no large meetings, more remote work and limits on network business-related travel
- Implemented a common reduced visitation policy jointly with St. Luke’s to ensure consistency across the community
We are now starting Week Two of COVID-19 operations. There are more significant interventions underway. This week we anticipate:
- HNL will introduce its COVID-19 lab developed test.
- LVPG and Technology colleagues will partner to deliver free COVID-19 Video Screenings to community members.
- A ninth Assess and Test location will open in Bethlehem near LVH-Muhlenberg.
- Further evaluation and stratification of outpatient and LVPG services to create strategies that allow us to care for those with the greatest medical need, while also establishing limitations that protect our colleagues
- Continued work to develop plans for surgical services and establishing clinical priorities for surgical cases
We remain focused on the safety of our caregivers. The technology team is about to deliver a platform, created in less than one week, that allows us to provide as many as 400 simultaneous live COVID-19 Video Screenings when at full capacity. This helps us keep patients at home and providers safe while still caring for the community.
We are just learning about Governor Wolfe’s decision to stop all non-essential services in Pennsylvania. This is great news. Social distancing and hand washing, simple as they may be, are our best friends right now. Please follow those guidelines, stay home if you have a cold and watch closely throughout the week for updates and announcements related to COVID-19.
Your work in week one has made me even more #LVHNProud. Thank you for all you do to help our community weather this viral storm.
Until Week Three…
Brian Nester, DO, MBA, FACOEP
President and Chief Executive Officer, Lehigh Valley Health Network