Each year in September we set aside a week near the beginning of the new school year to pray for our congregations at GBC and for our community. On each day of this week we will pray for different areas of life within Godmanchester Baptist Church. I encourage you to find some time each day to pray - using the short overview and pointers for prayer in the daily e-mail.
Thursday - praying for people in need
Today I encourage you to pray for those that you know who:
I am sure we all know people in the church, in our families and in the community who we can pray for at this time.
- are ill and sick; that they will know God’s healing hand on their life.
- are waiting for appointments; that they will get a date quickly.
- are anxious; that they will know God’s peace in their whole life.
- are grieving at this time; that they will know God’s comfort.
- need a touch from God; that whether they are a Christian or not they will be aware of God's presence.