Hello from the Preparing for Adulthood Team!
Welcome to our autumn e-bulletin filling you in on everything we’ve been working on over the summer.
As part of the Delivering Better Outcomes Together (DBOT) programme for 2016 the Preparing for Adulthood Team are pleased to have the opportunity to work with 9 sites across the country to demonstrate what they have done so far to support the PfA elements of the SEND reforms.
Each site has a named PfA lead to support them and is focusing on key priority areas that are pivotal to ensuring young people with SEND move into their adult life with the best opportunities for positive life outcomes.
The key priorities are:
- Exemplar Local Offers around PfA
- Exemplar EHC plans around PfA
- Progress on integration and strategic joint commissioning between education, health and care and between children’s and adult services
- Strategic engagement of parent/carers and young people
- Employment and paid work for young people
- Progress on thinking creatively around personal budgets and personalisation linked to PfA
What have we done so far?
All sites have started to develop their action plan and think about what outcomes they would like to see by the end of the demonstration year (March 2017). Each site has created a context, mechanism, outcome (CMO) map to support the overall evaluation of the sites. This has been developed with support from NDTi’s evaluation team. The process has enabled sites to:
We will be sharing learning examples and outputs from the sites over the coming months on the website and through our Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- Think about what the issues are
- Agree what the desired outcomes are in relation to the priority areas
- Consider the context or circumstances that will have an impact on progress
- Think about how we plan to get there
- Think about how we will know when we have got there – what does good look like and what are the indicators of change
- Think about how we will measure what’s working and for whom – what data and/or information is needed
- Who will collect this information, how and when