Job Description – Product Developer
The Product Developer (PD) is directly involved in and monitors the development of new products from concept through launch, including 1) idea generation, 2) bench-top formulation, 3) pilot plant assessment of process feasibility and 4) final commercialization. The PD develops products designed to minimize food safety & quality issues while delivering products that meet the customers’ expectations. The PD is also involved in the refinement and improvement of existing products.
- Develop and document the creation of new products.
- Prepare product formulations, ingredient specifications, and process specifications.
- Improve existing products.
- Source new raw materials.
- Manage production and testing on new products.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to assure timely accomplishment of customer requirements.
- Maintain SQF records and documents.
- Communicate with sales team and customers to define their needs.
- Fill assigned sample requests and follow-up with customers.
- Work with sales force to develop new product ideas.
- Assist in developing and preparing presentations.
- Conduct research on new technologies.
Interested candidates please apply using the link below:
- BS or higher degree in Food Science or appropriate technical field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in the Food Industry required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to successfully interact with customers, sales force, and production staff.
- Ability to successfully interact with R&D peers and technicians.
- Computer skills required to successfully implement and complete project requirements.
- Demonstrated math skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter.