Lucas' New Book
Filesystems are one of FreeBSD's killer features. In addition to UFS and ZFS and GEOM, though, FreeBSD includes a bunch of special-purpose filesystems. FreeBSD Mastery: Specialty Filesystems takes you through these to help you solve problems you didn't know you had.
With Specialty Filesystems you'll learn to manage:
Find the ebook at retailers such as Gumroad, Kobo, Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon DE, or directly from me.
- removable media
- MSDOS and Linux filesystems
- CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray disks
- process filesystems
- the file descriptor filesystem
- the POSIX message queue filesystem
- union mounts
- null mounts
- both memory filesystems, and when to use each
- NFS versions 2, 3, and 4
- iSCSI targets and initiators
- the Common Internet File System
- networked disk redundancy with geom_gate and HAST
- high availability storage with HAST and iSCSI
- NFSv4 Access Control Lists
- User Space Filesystems
- FreeBSD’s Solaris-compatible automounter
While I normally prefer ebooks, I'm gonna recommend you check out the print version. This book comes with a spectacular wraparound cover, shown below. Grab the print from Amazon US, Amazon UK, Amazon DE, or anywhere books are sold.