Letter from the President June 2016
Hello loyal members. We hope you are enjoying the golf course as we are extremely happy and very proud of the pristine conditions we are experiencing. If you haven’t played much, I encourage you to get out and enjoy the course. It’s wonderful!!
It’s no secret that the golf business is challenging and will continue to be challenging for many years to come. We face financial issues related to retention of members from an aging membership and many young people are not taking up the game as in the past.
The Board and Management have been working on a variety of new proposals to ensure the future success of our golf club. Many of these proposals are designed to retain members and/or recruit new members so that we can be viable for many years to come. At last night’s Board meeting, all the proposals were unanimously approved and I am very happy to share them with you. I am confident you are going to enjoy these new proposals.
These proposals will commence in 2017 and are as follows:
PRICE FREEZE: THIS IS GREAT NEWS!
- There will be NO DUES INCREASE for a minimum of three years, 2017 to 2019, with a possible extension to five years;
- There will be NO FEE INCREASES ON MEMBER CART PROGRAMS for a minimum of three years, 2017 to 2019, with a possible extension to five years;
- There will be NO FEE INCREASES ON CART AND CLUB STORAGE, RANGE PROGRAMS AND LOCKERS for a minimum of three years, 2017 to 2019, with a possible extension to five years;
AGE CATEGORY MODIFICATIONS:
- This is designed to recruit new young members in order to rejuvenate our membership. Modifications:
- Young Adult category: Is now age 35–43 (formerly 35-39) NO DUES INCREASE MINIMUM 3 YEARS;
- Mid Adult category: Is now age 44–49 (formerly 40-44) NO DUES INCREASE MINIMUM 3 YEARS;
- The 10% annual credit towards Capital Contribution (formerly Initiation Fee) is extended to age 49;
- Consequently, adult dues and capital contribution fees are NOT payable until age 50 (three flexible payment options for capital contribution are available).
JUNIOR GOLFER NEWS:
- Member’s Children and/or grandchildren (up to age 18) will enjoy reduced pricing as follows:
- Under age 12 enjoy FREE DUES, must pay capital fund, GAO fees and HST for a total of $56.50 for the season! Starts 2017;
- Ages 13-18 dues are HALF PRICE, totalling $274.88 for the season, includes capital fund, GAO fees and HST. Starts 2017.
NEW MEMBER RECRUITMENT:
- Our ANNUAL PLAY FREE FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR program will start Tuesday, July 5th, 2016.
- Deposits Required: (will be deducted from the 2017 dues)
- Single $750
- Couples $1200
- Age 19-34 $500
- Juniors $200
- This is a phenomenal incentive to encourage new members to join our facility.
- We also have a “DOUBLE DOWN” proposal in conjunction with the PLAY FREE program, which provides additional savings with the Capital Contribution for NEW ADULT MEMBERS.
- There is also an incentive for former members to rejoin our Club.
- Please contact the office staff for additional information. These program details will be available on our website later today.
OTHER PROCEDURE MODIFICATIONS:
- Annual Shareholder Reports will be emailed rather than distributed through Canada Post. Savings will be approximately $2300;
- LOYALTY PARTICIPATION PROGRAM will be implemented in 2017. This program will reward our members for their financial support of the Club. Members will receive participation points (“PAR POINTS”) based on their financial support in all aspects of the Club. More information on this program will be forthcoming, however a brief synopsis is as follows: Members will earn “PAR POINTS” on all Pro Shop purchases, Cart Programs, Club Storage, Lockers, GPS Sponsorship, Volunteering, Food purchases (excludes alcohol as per government regulations), Club events, etc.
- Members can also earn a significant amount of “PAR POINTS” by switching their credit card dues and account payments to less costly methods such as on-line banking and pre authorized debit.
- We are in the process of determining amounts of “PAR POINTS” and will keep everyone advised.
- There will be a 2% reduction to the member’s food and beverage discount from 7% to 5%. This will also be offset by the introduction of “PAR POINTS” as previously mentioned.
- All of these programs will start in 2017.
Curling Club Property
We are still waiting for final approval from the County. We will keep you advised once we receive new information.
As I am sure you have noticed, our volunteer divot crews are once again on fairways and tees. Our sincere Thank You goes out to the following: Dan Morissette, Ray Knight, Brad Misner, Armand Pare, Adrian Farnworth, Bill Strachan, David Horne, John Ensoll, Charlene Doughty, Paul Doughty, Stan Sullivan, Bob Damphouse, Casey Kojima, Rick Janisse, Jim Minello, Greg Henderson and Kevin Greenwood.
However we still need a few more volunteers to join this team. If you have any free time and would like to help, please contact Paul Lemieux, Doug or Kyle if you are interested.
In closing, I wish everyone a fun and enjoyable golf season and let me remind everyone it is good Golf Etiquette to repair divots and ball marks.
Thank you for your continued support. All comments are welcome.