“When your mind is narrow, small things easily agitate you. Make your mind an ocean!”
Ven. Lama Thubten Yeshe
"If those who seek to attract you say: 'The Kingdom of God is in the bottom of the ocean,' then the fish will be there before you. The Kingdom of God is within you and it is outside of you!"
Jesus Christ-The Gnostic Gospel of Thomas
Aloha dear friends,
I am happily and gratefully settled in my cottage at the ocean in Puako. A caravan of love escorted me to my new home; many community friends helped with the transition. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Above is the sacred green flash that welcomed me home as a pair of humpback whales, mother and child, breached in the water nearby.
On April 4, 2015 we had our final Walking in the Wild. From the upper reaches of the Kohala Institute property, 17 intrepid and silent hikers walked to the waterfall and then crisscrossed the mountainside, traversing different macadamia nut orchards and visiting all the "popular spots" of hikes gone by. We walked along the ridge of the rainforest gulch and returned to the hale after two hours, gathering for a final moment of thanks for this program of six years.
- The Waimea Meditation Group meets this Sunday, May 3, 2015 at the Waimea Events Salon.
- The talk on Easter Sunday, April 5, 2015 titled "Aloneness and Spiritual Autonomy," has been uploaded to the Library of Talks on the website and is available for listening and downloading.
- Please do not plan to arrive late or leave early for any of Gavin's events.
- Please check the website for schedule and venue changes.
Please let us know
if you are interested in a community/family gathering with children at Wailea Bay? These are initial thoughts:
- We gather for at least two hours of beach-time and pupus.
- We share a potluck meal about an hour before sunset
- We meditate for a while together as the sun goes down.
- We gather every two or three months.
- We will need a contact person/coordinator.
- We will need a volunteer each time to come early and reserve a place for us on this infinitely beautiful beach.
I look forward to the possibility of our paths perhaps crossing this month.
Meke aloha pauole a hui hou
UPCOMING EVENTS AND INFORMATION: