“With each act of forgiveness, whether small or great, we move toward wholeness.”
Archbishop Desmond Tutu
"We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. One who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love."
Martin Luther King
Aloha dear friends,
With the heartbreaking unfolding of race-related violence in North America, the call to humility, candor, self-examination and forgiveness feels more important and imperative than ever. The upcoming retreat on July 25 in Puna is titled: Radical Forgiveness. Authentic forgiveness has the potential to heal our most complex feelings of betrayal and isolation, opening us to a ground of love that has never been harmed or abused. We not only discover an immutable capacity for peace with what is, was and will be — we also open to the possibility of moving in the world from that ground of peace, compassion and forgiveness. This is our birthright. Forgiveness challenges us to tell the truth to ourselves and ask deep and vulnerable questions:
- Have I done things to others and myself that may feel unforgivable?
- What am I avoiding in this moment that is inhibiting my inherent capacity to forgive?
- Am I willing to open to the agony of being unwilling, unready or unable to forgive?
- Am I willing to move below my narrative and sense of injury?
- And am I willing to drop into those feelings of rage, fear, self-hatred, betrayal and broken heartedness that inhibit a natural upwelling of forgiveness and compassion?
Perhaps we will meet in silence on this retreat........
Our Summer Solstice Beach Gathering and Sunset Meditation was a simple and lovely event. We talked, swam, shared a delicious potluck meal, played with the children and fell into silence for half an hour as the day ended— We have decided to gather once again at the time of the Autumn Equinox in September, 2015.
Please do not plan to arrive late or leave early for any events. Please check the website for schedule and venue changes.
I look forward to the possibility of being together this month.
Meke aloha pauole a hui hou
UPCOMING EVENTS AND INFORMATION: