How to stay fit while traveling
Staying fit while traveling is pretty simple if you do this one thing first:
Decide before you leave that you WILL train while you are on the road!
That sounds too easy, doesn't it?
But if you don't do that, you won't do anything at all during your trip.
It is much to easy to just make excuses about not having time or that you don't have access to a gym.
Here's a few things both my wife and I have done while we were on trips.
Remember, you can crush the basics anywhere! Don't limit yourself to what you usually do.
- Do squats or push ups at every stop you make, that includes restaurant parking lots, gas stations, etc. (Of course, be safe and stay off the side and not in the way of traffic)
- Do dips using the rectangular magazine racks at rest areas, etc.
- Do pull ups wherever you find a tree with branches that can hold your weight
- Do resistance band exercises by anchoring one end to a picnic table
- swim wherever you can safely do so
- If you stay in a hotel, use their fitness center, no matter what you find there
Improvise, and use your imagination. Check my Non-Gym Movement page on Facebook for more ideas https://www.facebook.com/The-non-gym-movement-958690580880935/