It’s been a busy month for us already. After a flurry of last-minute projects and cleaning, we listed our house for sale! Much prayer happened before, during, and after listing, and we’re thankful that the Lord brought us together with a wonderful Christian realtor who understands our motivation for selling our house and prays with us each step of the way! After just three days on the market, we received three offers on our house, and we’ve accepted one! We’re scheduled to close at the end of April.
Thank you for praying for us as we traveled to Indiana. We were able to reconnect with some old friends and share the ministry with some new friends while we were there. We are always looking for new people to meet!
We have several prayer requests this month. Please pray:
- That the home inspection is favorable and for limited/no bumps in the road in this process.
- For our children as we move toward the house sale. We’ll be leaving the only home they’ve ever known, their friends and our local relatives, our church, and our town once we sell.
- For our emotional well-being. We’ve lived in this house since 2006, nearly our whole marriage. It’s hard for us to leave, and while we know it’s part of God’s plan for us and we’re excited to move to Papua New Guinea, it’s still difficult to leave our home.
- For our families. Particularly the ones who will be housing us after we sell our house. With no home of our own, we’ve been offered temporary housing by both the Streeter parents and the Fischer parents. While they both love us, we’re pretty sure we’ll drive them crazy eventually, and they’ll need your prayers.
- For our support. I know we ask for prayer for this often, but we hoped that selling our house would be one of the last boxes we check before moving to Papua New Guinea. Our monthly support is still falling short of where it needs to be for us to head to the field.
Psalm 37:4-7 Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Bill & Katie Streeter
Liam, Esta, Aaron & James