Project Week with UWC-USA! (March 7-15)
This year, for the first time ever, UWC – New York (that’s us!) will be hosting 12 first-year students from UWC-USA. They will be coming to NY and staying with alumni from Sat, Mar 7th to Sun, Mar 15th and volunteering at local charities from Mon, Mar 9th to Thurs, Mar 12th.
We want YOU to get involved! This is probably the most exciting initiative we’ve organized and we hope to make it a yearly tradition that will strengthen the bonds between students and alumni.
Here’s what we have planned so far:
- Sat, Mar 7th – Reception and Fundraiser with the UWC NY Alumni community. Ticket sales will go towards helping cover the cost of Project Week for students so that this trip is affordable to all.
- Mon, Mar 9th to Thu, Mar 12th – Students will be volunteering with local charities during the day. We’ve already lined up a great opportunity at the Morris-Jumel Mansion where George Washington once slept (http://www.morrisjumel.org/) and are lining up two more.
As we look forward to March we want YOUR help:
- Can you host students? We still need 1 – 3 more hosts (you need to be able to accommodate at least 2 students since we want to keep them in groups)
- Would you like to serve as a city guide for some part of the week (e.g. take them to the Statue of Liberty or other sightseeing activities)?
- Do you have other ideas of what we could do and are willing to help execute them? (e.g. museum excursions, job-shadowing)
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please email us back at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are only at the initial planning stages and more details will be communicated as we get closer to March. There is no better way to re-connect with the UWC spirit than by connecting with our previous selves: UWC students. We hope you’ll join us in making the first ever UWC – New York Project Week a success.
The UWC New York Board