CALL TO HOST EUROMARINE SUMMER SCHOOL ON OCEAN TRANSFORMATION
CALL CATEGORY: Proposals
MANAGING BODY: EuroMarine
OPENING: August 31, 2021
CLOSING: October 29, 2021
The EuroMarine Summer School Call is an opportunity to host a training workshop that will equip attendees with new knowledge to address ocean challenges.
The Summer School should address one or more of the key priorities and challenges in marine science. In particular, as part of the UN’s Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development, the Sustainable Development Goal 14: Life Below Water. Specific SDG14 targets include reducing marine pollution, managing coastal ecosystems, addressing overfishing, developing sustainable approaches to managing ocean resources and developing both marine technology and research capacity.
The topics addressed in the EuroMarine Summer School should be broad, interdisciplinary and should respond to the context of one or more key policy initiatives and specific EuroMarine objectives. Content and activities should be inspirational, innovative and in-keeping with the EuroMarine ethos of focusing on emerging and neglected areas of marine research.
- Proposals should involve at least three 2021 Full (paying) Member Organisations of EuroMarine, from at least two different countries.
- The EuroMarine Summer School should preferably be conducted in the summer of 2022.
- Activities may include (but are not limited to) lectures, workshops, on-site visits, field trips and lab-based research.
- EuroMarine particularly welcomes Summer School proposals that address the Ocean Transformation Challenges in a cross-disciplinary way, including cross-links in socio-ecological challenges.
- Physical (in-person) activities are preferred, and applicants should plan for in-person to be the primary mode of delivering the activities.
- Applicants are welcome to involve any relevant EuroMarine Invited Member Organisations from developing countries.
For more information on the call, include eligibility criteria, eligible costs and constraints linked to funding, please view the full text of the call on our website.