Update on Relief and Recovery in the Aftermath of Hurricane Matthew
HRI has been very effective in responding to the immediate needs of our partners in Haiti following the devastating hurricane that hit the island at the beginning of October. Simultaneously our team has developed a long term recovery program that will have a lasting impact on the capacity of orphanages and communities to stay safe in the face of many natural disasters.
Our activities include:
These efforts will have long lasting impacts on the health and nutritional status of hundreds of orphans and the communities surrounding these facilities. We sincerely appreciate your continued support of our efforts to ensure the safety of these children. Together we will save lives!
- Immediate distribution of food to those in need.
- Immediate delivery of clean water, as needed.
- Testing wells and other water sources for contamination.
- Redesigning and building safer latrines in line with international standards.
- Participatory workshops and trainings for communities, caregivers and children on sanitation and hygiene practices.