I recently returned from an action-packed trip to Haiti where I had the opportunity to visit our terrific team; work alongside generous church partners; connect with orphanage leaders and most importantly, meet some fantastic children participating in our programs.
I’d like to take a moment to share some of HRI’s exciting work with vulnerable children in Haiti while it is fresh in my mind!
Our team continues to ramp up efforts to improve the health of children, many of whom suffer significant challenges including malnutrition, intestinal parasites, anemia, and chronic skin irritations. These efforts include:
I was also energized to see the HRI team working on innovative strategies to break the cycle of trauma, poverty, abandonment and institutional care in Haiti. Activities include:
- Incorporation of locally produced fresh fruits, vegetables and proteins.
- A deworming program.
- Serious investments in WASH (water, sanitation and personal hygiene) projects.
I am excited about these new initiatives and confident that these collective efforts, along with others, can positively change the trajectories of many at-risk and vulnerable children in Haiti.
- Enterprise and vocational development programs for youth.
- Community programs that engage the most at-risk children and their families.
- Facilitation of family reunification on a case-by-case basis.
To ensure the success of these initiatives, we need your support now! Please visit www.hungerreliefinternational.org/donate-now and show your commitment to helping!