My work as the Strategist at Space for Humanity stems from my lifelong fascination with the wonders of space. As an activist, my message has always been founded on the perspective that we are all interconnected, "all made from star stuff".
“For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.”
I've been inspired by Carl Sagan since my teens. Much of his perspective is intertwined within the fabric of my family and work today.
In 1980, he co-founded The Planetary Society. He also wrote a book and film called Contact (Jodie Foster, Matthew McConaughey). Contact was based on the life of Jill Tarter, founder of SETI (Search for Extra Terrestrial Intelligence), which Carl also supported. I've watched the film more than 20 times and quote it regularly.
Here are some updates that are rocking my world right now.
And there's so much more in the works...
- I was recently a producer of the SpaceX DEMO-2 Dragon Crew Launch Party with an all-star lineup of guests. You can watch the video here.
- We (Space for Humanity) just secured a long term partnership with The Planetary Society.
- Bill Nye is their CEO and one of the most popular and influential scientists of this generation. I'm a producer of the Mars 2020 Launch Party and Bill just signed on to be our special guest!
- Jill Tarter (Sagan's muse for Contact) responded about the Statement of Solidarity I orchestrated, saying, "you're doing important and difficult work, thank you".
- Every week now since March, I've been producing Frank White's Overview Round Table Zoom calls with 30 - 50 of the most important influencers in the space community. People I've followed most of my life. The ripple effect from those meetings will be felt around the world forever.
All of this is yet another testament that my reality is simply what I choose to believe to be true in every moment.
The moment to moment practice of letting go of limiting beliefs and making space for new understanding and experiences has profoundly reshaped my reality.
Miracles are all around us, just waiting for us to make the space for them to be realized.
I'm so grateful for all of this, for the ability to spend time with so many of my heroes and contribute to their work.
I was tempted to say, "I could never have imagined all of this", but that isn't true at all. I intentionally envisioned this and practiced that belief every moment since. This is what I expected. And I'll keep expecting more of it.